Car hire companies often charge an excess for damage caused to the car whilst you're behind the wheel even if it's not your fault. This can be upwards of £1000 meaning if you're involved in an accident, you'll have to pay a contribution to cover the damage.
With an annual car hire excess insurance policy from insurance4carhire, you're able to reclaim the excess you'd have to pay in the unfortunate event of an accident or your car being stolen.
What's more, with our car hire excess insurance policies, you could pay less and get more cover compared with waiving the excess at the car hire desk. Our policies will reimburse you for charges as a result of damage to the undercarriage, misfueling, towing and so much more.
1. Choose the car hire excess insurance policy suitable for your destination and trip period
2. Buy your policy up to 364 days in advance right up to before you go to collect the car
3. Politely decline any excess insurance or damage waiver offered to you at the car hire desk
Insure4carhire operate independently from car hire companies. If an accident occurs, you will have to pay your car hire company excess but claiming your money back from them is stress free. Here's how:
1. Make sure you keep all receipts given to your by your car hire company
2. Phone or email Insure4carhire to let them know you'd like to claim (or post your claim to Insure4carhire) within 31 days
3. Insure4carhire aim to pay your money into your account within 15 days of receiving your claim